|School Council Members|
|Principal (Executive Officer)||Rob Duncan|
|Vice President||Alfred Matthews|
|Parent Representative||Christine Mirvich|
|Parent Representative||Jodie Cole|
|Parent Representative||Michelle King|
|Parent Representative||Sharyn Rogerson|
|Parent Representative||Danni Gough|
|DET (Staff) Representative||Peter Langham|
|DET (Staff) Representative||Steve Mahoney|
|DET (Staff) Representative||Carmel Sheedy|
|Community Representative||Mark Redhead|
School Council Meeting Dates:
- 22nd February 2017
- 22nd March 2017 (inc AGM)
- 26th April 2017
- 24th May 2017
- 28th June 2017
- 23rd August 2017
- 25th October 2017
- 22nd November 2017
- 13th December 2017
The Role of School Council:
- School Council is a legally formed body that is given powers to set the key directions of the College. It is the major governing body of the College and decides future directions for the College and oversees the College's operation.
- To establish broad direction and vision of the College within the Learning Community.
- To develop and monitor the College Strategic Plan. To develop, review and update the College policies.
- To develop, review and monitor the Student Code of Conduct and the Student Dress Code.
- To raise funds for College related purposes. To approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure.
- To maintain the College's grounds and facilities. To enter into contracts (e.g. cleaning).
- To report annually to the Learning Community and to DET. To stimulate interest in the College generally.
College Council does not:
- Manage the College.
- Employ teaching staff.
- Represent sectional interests.
- Renew the Principal's contract or hire and fire the Principal.
- Determine class allocations.
- Discuss individual issues between teachers and students and/or parent.
Contact Ms Monique Guerin, PA to the College Principal on 9704 3333 for more information about School Council.