Wellbeing Partnerships & Programs
Target Groups. Prep - Grade 6
- Futures in Mind. Partnership with Futures in Mind to deliver counselling to Primary Students.
- Games Room. Alternative social games in a safe setting for students looking for playtime variety.
- Peaceful Kids. The 'Peaceful Kids' program is a Mindfulness and Positive Psychology based program to lessen anxiety and stress and increase resilience in children.
- Dad's Night BBQ. Students/Parents/Carers. Facilitate a safe/fun space for parents, carers and young people.
- Parent Morning Teas. To engage parents of school community in life of school.
Target Groups. Prep - Grade 1
Casey Safety Village. Educating Grade 1 students on Road safety and Fire safety (annual).
Target Groups. Grade 6 - Year 9
- AMP/Y Girls - City of Casey Youth Services. City of Casey run program that promotes self-esteem, conflict and stress management, relationships, safer and positive choices, communication and how to seek support.
- Back Off Bullies. To run peer-led education about cyber bullying for Year 8 students.
- City of Casey Youth Forum. Grade 6 Student Leaders. Building leadership capacity in young leaders in the community.
- Get Linked - Ambulance Victoria. To increase year 9 student's knowledge and skills of CPR and emergency situations.
- Hands on Learning (HOL). To utlise a hands on approach for Years 7 - 9 re-engagement to increase attitudes and behaviour in school.
- I Am girls - Planetshakers. Year 9 Girls. Self-esteem, conflict and stress management, relationships, safer and positive choices, communication and how to seek support for issues
- Peer Support. A part of transition where students from Year 8 - 10 run up to 4 sessions with Year 7's in Term 1.
- Pre Orientation Day. External Gr 6’s. Transition - trained Peer Support leaders run activities with external grade 6 students enrolled for Yr 7 the following year.
- Respect Connect Protect - SECASA. The Respect Protect Connect program aims to help schools do this by broadening Year 8's definition of violent behaviour and raising awareness about its impact on their health.
- Step Back THINK! To raise awareness with Year 8's about social violence and keeping safe.
Target Groups. Grade 7 - Year 12
- 360 Bus. City of Casey Mobile Youth Centre.
- Find Your Zen. To run lunchtime relaxation sessions in the study hall.
- Lunchtime Program - PlanetShakers. To build positive and supportive environment while establishing relationships with Youth workers.
- New @ P-12 lunch. To welcome newly enrolled students to the school and introduced them to the wellbeing team.
- OK2BU. To create a safe place for same sex attracted, Gender Diverse and allies to meet once a week.
- Phil Cleary presentation. To raise awareness of violence against women and enhancing respectful relationships.
- PlanetShakers mentoring. To connect students with positive role models.
- Presentations on sexual consent. To teach students about sexual consent in the context of healthy respectful relationships.
- R U OK? Day. To raise awareness of engaging in regular and meaningful conversations with others.
- The 4C's - Cultivating Creative Cultures with Community. To increase engagement and build relationships with students and families through dance and celebration.
- Wear It Purple Day. To raise awareness and support for sexual and gender diversity and inclusiveness in the school community.
- Wellbeing days. To promote wellbeing and have fun.
Target Groups. Whole School
- Breakfast Club. Focus on nutrition, promote relationships and start the day well together.
- eSmart. To increase understanding and knowledge for staff, students, and parents on cyber safety.
- KidsMatter/MindMatters. A framework to provide the methods, tools and support to help schools work with parents and carers, health services and the wider community and promote positive mental health and prevention of mental health difficulties.
Doctors In Secondary Schools Program
Our College was successful in being selected to participate in the Victorian Government's Doctors in Secondary Schools program. As part of this program General Practitioner, Mr Dhiman Heerak and Health Nurse Ms Jelena Tomic, both from Hygieia Medical and Dental Clinic will be operating on the College grounds each Tuesday to provide free access to primary health care for secondary students at the College. To learn more and find out how to book an appointment, please see link below.
Doctors In Secondary Schools Program