The Role of School Council:
- School Council is a legally formed body that is given powers to set the key directions of the College. It is the major governing body of the College and decides future directions for the College and oversees the College's operation.
- To establish broad direction and vision of the College within the Learning Community.
- To develop and monitor the College Strategic Plan. To develop, review and update the College policies.
- To develop, review and monitor the Student Code of Conduct and the Student Dress Code.
- To raise funds for College related purposes. To approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure.
- To maintain the College's grounds and facilities. To enter into contracts (e.g. cleaning).
- To report annually to the Learning Community and to DET. To stimulate interest in the College generally.
College Council does not:
- Manage the College.
- Employ teaching staff.
- Represent sectional interests.
- Renew the Principal's contract or hire and fire the Principal.
- Determine class allocations.
- Discuss individual issues between teachers and students and/or parent.
College Council Members
|Name||Member Category||Position Held|
|Greg Bailey||Community Rep.||President|
|Alfred Matthews||Parent Rep.||Vice President|
|Peter Gajanovic||Parent Rep.||Treasurer|
|Erina Hamilton||Parent Rep.||Secretary|
|Steeve Florent||Parent Rep.|
|Jacqui Nicholls||Parent Rep.|
|Annie Charles||Parent Rep.|
|Christie Fox||Parent Rep.|
|Adriana Box||DET Rep.|
|Lara Cuperus||DET Rep.|
|Luke Ventieri||DET Rep.|
|Kennedy Sin||Student Rep.|
|Murtoza Sultani||Student Rep..|
Contact Terri Gwynne on 9704 3333 for more information about School Council.